Farmers are considered important occupations that nourish everyone in the country and also the majority of Thailand. As we know, most farmers continue to experience problems in agriculture especially the problem of price, debt, and lack of working capital in agriculture. With these factors and capitalism marketing that has influence causing farmers to prefer agriculture using chemicals which yields fast results and yields large quantities. But chemical agriculture returns long-term disadvantages to farmers both soils deteriorate, high cost but low price which results in a cycle of debt and poverty in farmers. In addition, agriculture that uses chemicals also directly affects the health of consumers.
FARMTO aims to solve the problem of falling agricultural product prices and debt conditions of farmers by pushing the culture of organic farming according to the 9 steps of the sufficiency economy principle which is sustainable agriculture, eco-friendly, and also friendly to the health of consumers, as well using technology as an important tool through the following methods:
- Create agricultural product sales channels through online platforms that allow farmers and consumers to meet. Farmers can determine the fair price by themselves and consumers can join to own the product from the beginning of planting which is a shared experience for consumers, create value and trust for the product, guarantee that these agricultural products will have a market to support, and farmers have working capital for agriculture.
- Create direct experiences for those interested in organic farming by opening agricultural tourism that consumers can travel to the real place, join to do agriculture, and try to live in that area.
- Supporting production factors and adding value to agricultural products by sharing agricultural and labor equipment, including creating cooperation with institutions to develop agricultural products and packaging.
- Over 100 participating farmers and 20 products
- Over 500 consumers and 10 restaurants